What is Web Development?
Web development usually refers to developing a website for the internet (world wide web) or for an intranet (a private network).
Also known as web programming. It is the creation of dynamic web applications.
Web development is also known as Website Development.
There are two broad divisions of web development :
1. Front-end development (also called client-side development).
2. Back-end development (also called server-side development).
Frontend development refers to producing a web application so that a user can see and interact with them directly.
It is also known as Client-side development.
The objective of designing a site is to ensure that when the users open up the site they see the information in a format that is easy to read and relevant.
A front-end developer architects and develops websites and applications using web technologies, which run on the Open Web Platform or act as compilation input for non-web platform environments.
Best Front-End Development Technologies to use in 2022
These technologies for front-end development make the base platform for page rendering and front-end engineering. Therefore, it aims at achieving a perfect user interface, speed, performance, and availability.
Responsibilities of a frontend developer
The scope of responsibilities on the frontend side of the app can be slightly different in each company, but the list below might give you the overall idea of the challenges that can be faced on a daily basis:
- Creating the structure (HTML) and styles (CSS) based on designs provided by the designers
- Cooperating with the UX designers to achieve the best user experience possible
- Developing the interface logic based on JS or one of the frontend frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
- Coding complex animations
- Performing backend integration with the backend developers
- Applying the proper accessibility standards to the code so that users with different kinds of disabilities are still able to use the particular application
- Testing the app by writing unit, integration, and end-to-end test cases
- Also, Improving the performance of an application
- Cooperating with the client/business to understand the processes and requirements
BACK END DEVELOPMENT
Back-end development controls what goes on behind the scenes of a web application.
It is also known as Server-Side Development.
Backend usually consists of three parts: A server || An application || A database.
Users can`t see how the back-end works but this code is what communicates the database information to the browser.
Best Back-End Development Technologies to look for in 2022
Responsibilities of a backend developer
Again, it strongly depends on the company and project characteristics, but in general, a backend developer pretty frequently deals with:
- Developing the business logic on the server side of the application in order to implement it
- Writing tests to ensure the best possible quality
- Creating APIs that are used to communicate with the frontend, and are able to receive requests, process the data, and update, create, modify, and delete particular records in the database
- Managing hosting environments
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Handling user requests (triggered e.g., by form submissions)
- Database management
- Improving the security of the application on the server side
- Cooperating with the frontend team during the integrations
- Collaborating with the client/business to understand the processes and requirements
- Validating data coming from the user
Visit www.gtbinfotech.com for more 🙂